Libya:UN demands humane treatment for Gaddafi’s son
Laaska news Nov.22,2011
Saif Gaddafi. Photo: EPA
UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Navanethem Pillay demands that Muammar Gaddafi’s son Saif al-Islam and Abdullah Senussi, the head of military intelligence under Gaddafi, who are now in the hands of Libya’s interim government, must be treated in a humane way.
It became known on Saturday that Saif al-Islam had been detained while trying to cross the border with Niger. Libya’s new authorities have decided not to extradite him to the International Criminal Court but to try him in Libya.
- Libya:Gaddafi’s son Saif al-Islam captured in southern Libya – NTC (laaska.wordpress.com)
- Libya:Gaddafi son still held by captors (laaska.wordpress.com)
- Libya:Gaddafi’s security chief seized (laaska.wordpress.com)
- Libya:The rebels Zenten have captured Seif Al Islam in the region Obary last Tuesday (November 19, 2011) - (laaska.wordpress.com)
- Libya – A video of Seif Al-Islam (November 20, 2011) (laaska.wordpress.com)
- Libya praised for Saif treatment – Russia (laaska.wordpress.com)